Producer + Strategist
We are currently on the lookout for a Producer/Strategist to join our team.
What is a “Producer/Strategist” exactly, you ask? We like to say that it’s a few jobs rolled into one — a project/client manager (~40%), a brand strategist (~30%), and a web content/UX strategist (~30%).
It’s an interesting, challenging, and rewarding role that requires a left-brain/right-brain thinker who’s fast on their feet — and above all, someone who loves creating thoughtful, innovative brands and communication tools for a wide range of clients and products. In this role, you’d be leading the project throughout its entire lifecycle, interfacing with clients, designers, and developers in the process.
We’re looking for a person who is:
– You can contribute creative direction and conceptual ideas for a wide-range of project types and industries.
– You are familiar with the Adobe creative suite & Figma and are able to put together presentations, mood boards, wireframes, and lend a hand with a variety of projects where needed
– You’re detail-oriented, a good writer, and great at strategizing for both brand and web projects.
You’re excellent at giving feedback — the why, not just the what.
– You can untangle complex client needs and feedback, and translate that information into actionable and inspiring guidance for our team.
– You’re a person who cares about the emotions of others; you understand that managing projects, clients, designers, and the team as a whole requires individual intuition and emotional awareness.
– You’re someone with a sense of humor, and your own camel-like reserves of personal resiliency.
– You anticipate the needs of others (designers, developers, clients). You’re anxious to make everyone’s day better, and you actively seek out ways to do so.
– You’re experienced: 2-3 years minimum, ideally at another agency.
– You’re digitally-savvy: While we do lots of brand and print work, web is a sizeable portion of our project base. You can fluently read/write site architectures, make wireframes, understand how digital features are scoped/planned, and you can communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
– You’re responsible. We know that when we pass the baton, you have it covered. We can rely on you.
– You’re comfortable with being the point person for almost anything, at any point in the project lifecycle.
– You’re fundamentally curious about other people’s lives, so you can find a spark of interest in almost any client or project.
– You understand that while having a process is important, so is being flexible — including being able to creatively deviate from a process in order to best serve a given client/project.
– You’ve got a balance of left- and right-brain — and the ability to switch between them rapidly.
– You’re willing to help with anything. You’re willing to learn. When you don’t understand something, it’s not a barrier or a vulnerability, but an opportunity to grow.
– You’re humble enough to be a “project janitor” when needed. (It happens to the best of us.)
– You’re always open to input and feedback.
– You’re a leader who can take charge of a meeting, an interaction, or a difficult project situation with confidence and presence.
– You can handle new business of different types, with different clients — all while exemplifying our unique creative strengths and culture of kindness.
– You’re someone who we know can represent DEI solo with grace, tact and smarts.
Does this sound like you? If so, please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (or case studies) to email@example.com . We’re looking forward to it!